Legal Assistant – Foreclosures
REAL Recruitment has partnered with a mid size, full-service law firm with offices across Western Canada; we are seeking an experienced Legal Assistant with Foreclosure experience to join their SE law firm. The successful candidate is an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and computer knowledge. As a member of our team, you can expect to prepare, draft and help manage matters including, but not limited to:
- Prepare Foreclosure files from start to finish
- Draft documents for Foreclosure proceedings including but not limited to: Statements of Claim, Affidavits, Applications, Writs of Enforcement, Orders & letters,
Organize and maintain files,
- Communication with debtors, court clerks, bailiffs, appraisers, and other service providers,
- Liaise with other legal assistants, lawyers and clients,
- Maintain accurate files and diarize important dates and times
- Other duties as required.
- Must have at minimum two years of experience in the foreclosure area
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks
- Being able to work independently and to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Outlook, PCLaw, Excel and Word
- Highly organized and attention to detail
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills