Senior Electrical Designer
REAL Recruitment is looking for Senior Electrical Designer for our Calgary based Engineering client. This is a contract rotation role. The successful candidate must have excellent electrical design skills including experience in designing single line diagrams, power distribution systems, power cables, cable tray, lighting, grounding, equipment layouts, motor schematics, area classification, and design details. Knowledge of electric heat trace will be considered to be an asset. The candidate must be experienced leading a small design, delegating tasks, and mentoring junior members. This role is a rotation in and out of Texas or New Mexico (2 weeks Out / 2 weeks In at client’s office.) The position requires ability to work collaboratively with clients, electrical team members and other disciplines.
- Electrical design and drafting for large to small projects.
- Electrical drafting for power generation systems
- Preparing project drawings submittals for quotations
- Coordinating with PMs and engineering team
- Dealing with Piping and Heat Trace
- The development of various Industrial Process Control Systems.
- AutoCAD Electrical, Electrical Design, CADD Drafting.
- Coordinating with engineers and project managers. Electrical drafting for power generation systems.
- Knowledgeable on power generation products, systems services and technically accurate. Control panel drafting, design and development for various Industrial process control systems.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to work, timely and accurate.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with electrical design in the oil and gas and heavy industrial sector
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology
- Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
- Familiar with the Canadian Electrical Code and US Electrical Code an asset.
- 10 years of design experience
- 5-10 years of detailed CADWorx and 3D Modelling
- 5+ years’ experience in an Oil & Gas drafting/design surface facility industry