Controls and Automation Lead
REAL Recruitment is looking for Controls and Automation Lead for our Calgary based Engineering client. This is a rotation role. The successful candidate has experience in the development of medium-to-large sized projects in highly demanding locations such as, oil and gas offshore platforms, oil sand facilities, refineries, chemical facilities and mass production plants. This role is a rotation in and out of west Texas or New Mexico (2 weeks Out / 2 weeks In at client’s office.) The position requires ability to work collaboratively with clients, controls and automation team members and other disciplines.
- Technical lead for conceptual and detailed controls and automation designs.
- Develop, design, and submit DCS control strategy to interface with existing PLC systems
- Develop an inspection and test plan for all control strategies
- Provide site support for inspection, calibration, and functional test of critical control loops
- Conceptual and detailed design of control networks
- Preparing project drawings submittals for client evaluations
- Coordinating with PMs and engineering team
- Coordinating with engineers and project managers.
- Knowledgeable on automation products, systems services and technically accurate. Control panel review, design and development for various Industrial process control systems.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to work, timely and accurate.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in controls & automation in the oil and gas and heavy industrial sector
- Experience leading a team of 3 – 5 people
- Degree Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering
- Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC)
- Siemens SIMATIC
- Emerson Delta V
- Experience with distributed control systems (DCS) platforms
- Wonderware FactorySuite industrial supervisory software
- Delta V
- Honeywell Experion