Manager, Operations – Burnaby, BC
REAL Recruitment is working with a western Canadian company that deals debt recovery, civil enforcement and bailiff services. We, on behalf of our client, are looking for a Manager Operations for their Burnaby, BC office.
The successful candidate will report to the Director, BC Division where they will direct and coordinate activities of the Court and Commercial divisions. They will aid the executive team in formulating and administering organization policies. The individual must be able to provide excellent customer service, be self-driven, enjoy challenges, be highly motivated, show initiative and manage time effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of client relationships.
- Oversight of Court Bailiff operations.
- Oversee day-to-day business operations of the BC office.
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies, directing and coordinating all divisional department activities to develop and implement long-range goals and objectives to meet business and profitability growth objectives.
- Accomplish subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making mid-course corrections.
- Review and approve preparation of accounting analysis for budgetary planning and implementation, production efficiency, financial reporting, budgetary planning and submittal for capital expenditures.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Act as a point of contact for all clients, ensuring client needs are being met.
Skills and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years management experience.
- Advanced leadership skills.
- An aptitude for technology, including strong keyboarding skills, and a desire to work with productive software such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google Drive.
- Commitment to provide excellent client service with an open attitude to working with a diverse population.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English.
- Previous security or law enforcement experience would be an asset.
- Experience as, or with bailiff services would be an asset.
- Legal or financial experience would be an asset.