Geomatics Engineer, Technical Lead
REAL Recruitment is searching for a Geomatics Engineer for our geomatics client. The successful candidate will be a key member of the project team working on the development and implementation of a geomatics technologies.
Post-implementation, the focus of this role will support the Geomatics team with respect to project tracking, GIS workflow development, Utility process improvement initiatives, project execution, including administrative responsibilities. The ideal candidate will have a combination of technical and analytical capability, as well as experience and knowledge in construction operations.
- Proficiently setup and operate Survey equipment (Traditional, 3DLaser Scanning and UAV)
- Provide support to Clients with updates, and project management.
- Assist in the execution and completion of all deliverable types.
- Assist in field surveys using GPS equipment.
- Identify and execute resolution of issues related to all Geomatics software packages and/or workflows.
- Track productivity, and progress on projects
- Liaise with, and inform clients on milestones, deliverables, and project schedule.
- Provide data and input for month-end reconciliation.
- Maintain files and correspondence on active and completed projects.
- Conduct meetings with clients for detailed scope and or workflow review.
- Provide project assurance support with understanding and completion of internal project reporting.
- Participate in development of requirements for project management tools and processes.
- Liaise with clients, contractors, and internal departments.
- Other administrative duties as required.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years in outside sales
- Experience in the print industry consider an asset
- Desire to provide high quality products with excellent customer service
- Strong communication skills
- Strong presentation, strategic thinking, negotiation and closing skills
- Relentless drive to seek new business
- A natural ability at building authentic customer relationships
- Strong work ethic