REAL Recruitment is looking for a Handyman for local handyman service in Calgary, AB.
The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, executing, and completing projects. This person will be accountable for the completing work in a timely manner, ensuring the job site is cleaned when leaving the job site, reporting back to the project manger if an issue arises with a job.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each client receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment,
which includes greeting and acknowledging every client, maintaining solid product knowledge
and all other aspects of customer service.
- Maintain an awareness of all advertising, pricing model and promotions.
- Responsible for completing jobs that are estimated in the estimated time frame.
- Responsible for reporting to the project manager if issues arise in a job.
- Manage time: Efficient use of time allotted to complete the job/project.
- Ensure the quality of work is at the highest standard and in compliance with company policy.
- Responsible for keeping customer call backs to less than three (3) percent.
- Communicate client requests to the office and management.
- Responsible for a wide range of repairs and maintenance work, both exterior and interior for
residential and commercial business partners
- Responsible to keep Handyman van clean and to report to owners or Project manager if any
mechanical work is required on the vehicle.
- Responsible to ensure inventory in vans is stocked with the list provided by the company.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Ability to independently take initiative.
- Ability to assess risk, provide risk control from beginning to end.
- Ability to communicate clearly with management and clients.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete each transaction.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to do ceiling repair and retexturing (knockdown, popcorn,)
- Ability to repair drywall.
- Ability to mud and tape drywall.
- Ability to do finishing carpentry work (remove and reinstall baseboards dap and caulk, door
and window casings installation, door installation)
- Ability to do minor plumbing experience (installing faucets, removing and reinstalling toilets)
- Ability to do minor electrical (Installing light fixtures, changing light bulbs)
- Ability to install flooring (LVP, laminate, tile)
- Ability to build and repairs fence and decks.
- Ability to Estimate projects.
- Physical ability to stand for long periods, and to move and handle equipment and supplies,
and the ability to perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including weekends, and holiday as needed.
- Able to lift at least 50lbs.
- Clean drivers abstract.
- Provide a police criminal check (vulnerable sector check is required)