Senior Project Manager
REAL Recruitment is looking for a Senior Project Manager for a Calgary based engineering firm.
The Senior Project Manager will lead the client services team, be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This position reports directly to the clients’ Project Managers but works closely with the Construction Manager as well.
- Understand the usage and practical applications of solutions applicable to the client being served.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Prepare and update contractual documents and project plans.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Write DBM’s, PEP’s and scope of work.
- Manage project budget.
- Develop capital cost and monitor estimates.
- Review all costs, management and expense reports associated with project operations and take all steps necessary for effective cost control, ensuring that all reports reflect the most current data available.
- Maintain project specific procedures for accounting and administration, and whenever practical, in accordance with company procedures.
- Plan staffing resources (assemble and coordinate project staff).
- Coordinate all work, monitoring job progress including the performance of subcontractors.
- Track and report team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Manage all project administration aspects by directing all activities at the project level to ensure that the company meets its contractual obligations.
- Identify risk exposure and risk mitigation measures.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Maintain compliance with Quality Assurance.
- Effectively apply client’s methodology and enforce project standards.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Create and execute project work plans and revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs and client requirements.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders, ensuring project objectives are met.
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Cultivate and maintain active, harmonious communications with all local authorities, General Contractor, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Assist in identifying and hiring talent and building the team as required.
- Display clear and effective verbal and written communication skills during interactions with clients, management, and team members.
- Lead and motivate staff to achieve corporate objectives.
- Degree in Engineering with at least of 15 years of relevant experience in project management in oil and gas/petrochemical related industries.
- Qualifications in project management or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or work experience in both of theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Must have a technical background and understand mechanical and chemical engineering and be able to work with differing engineering systems.
- Must have experience in trans loading pipe lines for rail and shipping oil and gas.
- Expert project management skills using Microsoft Project – PMP a plus, Microsoft Project Server a plus
- Excellent problem solving and decision analysis.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (displaying superior verbal and written communication skills.), including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have strong leadership and organization skills.
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment while being attentive to details, meeting deadlines and having a positive attitude.
- critical thinking and problem solving skills
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- influencing and leading
- team work
- conflict management
- stress tolerance