Accountant – Public Practice
REAL Recruitment is looking for an Accountant to join a public practice in Okotoks, Alberta.
This community focused accounting firm is looking for an accountant to grow with the organization and within the community.
- Must be designated with a CPA
- Must have a minimum 5 years experience in a public practice accounting firm
- Experience with servicing small to mid-size clients
- Experience in providing advice for small business, tax planning, estate planning, etc.
- A desire to grow a book of business
- Develop professionally within a community
- Strong communication skills
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns in accordance with Firm standards for clients in a variety of businesses and non-profit enterprises;
- Effective communication, both written and verbal, with our clients, government agencies and with internal team members;
- Experience preparing personal tax returns;
- Providing advice and training to junior staff members;
- Ability to function efficiently under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Possesses a strong desire to learn and grow and can self-start;
- Attendance in the office is expected but working from home or remotely on occasion is permitted if required.