REAL Recruitment is looking for a Project Manager for our client, a mid-size engineering firm in Calgary, AB. As a Project Manager, you will lead and/or contribute to the client services team and be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This position reports directly to the clients’ Project Managers and works closely with the Construction Manager as well.
- Lead the planning and implementation of project.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Prepare and update contractual documents and project plans.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Write DBM’s, PEP’s and scope of work.
- Manage project budget.
- Develop capital cost and monitor estimates.
- Review all costs, management and expense reports associated with project operations and take all steps necessary for effective cost control, ensuring that all reports reflect the most current data available.
- Maintain project specific procedures for accounting and administration, and whenever practical, in accordance with company procedures.
- Plan staffing resources (assemble and coordinate project staff).
- Degree in Engineering or a Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) diploma, with at least of 5 – 10 years of relevant experience in project management in oil and gas/petrochemical related industries.
- Minimum 5 years working in an EPCM firm
- Qualifications in project management or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or work experience in both of theoretical and practical aspects of project management.
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools.
- Proven experience in people management.
- Must have a technical background and understand mechanical and chemical engineering and be able to work with differing engineering systems.
- Must have experience in trans-loading pipe lines for rail and shipping oil and gas.