REAL Recruitment is looking for a Mechanical Engineer for a Calgary based Engineering firm. The successful candidate will execute mechanical engineering deliverable on multiple projects. Providing client-focused solutions in planning, implementing, and maintaining plants and facilities within the heavy industrial market
- Responsible for communicating project deliverables and expectations to the project/design team.
- Ongoing and proactive communication with Discipline Lead regarding project status and deliverables.
- Lead and mentor Junior Mechanical Engineers.
- Identifying and defining mechanical scope requirements including man-hour estimates, schedules, DBM development.
- Participation in client/vendor/contractor meetings including HAZOP’s, Model Reviews and Design Reviews.
- Execute mechanical equipment specifications and datasheets (RFQ process).
- Execute mechanical bid evaluations for equipment (RFP purchase).
- Execute required mechanical calculations for equipment, materials, and pipeline.
- Execute study work and develop mechanical reports.
- Execute tie-in lists and line lists.
- Provide support to drawing and P&ID development.
- Review and approve mechanical drawings (isometrics, orthos) and CWP’s.
- Responsibility for engineering stamping of drawings as directed by the Mechanical Engineering Team Lead.
- Provide support for the maintenance of plant pressure vessels, piping and storage tanks, and improve operational safety and reliability by developing cost effective repair and preventative maintenance strategies and solutions.
- Prepare mechanical specifications for new pressure vessels, storage tanks or piping systems, ensuring that company standards and practices are followed.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years of related professional experience within the field of SAGD, conventional oil and/or natural gas facilities/processing, pressure vessels, piping systems and storage tank design, assessment and repair.
- MUST HAVE PE designation
- Experience within upstream, midstream, and downstream
- MUST HAVE Small engineering firm experience
- Must have experience with rotating equipment and pressure vessels.
- Candidates must have membership in Provincial Professional Engineering Association, preferably P. Eng. designation with APEGGA
- Experience with brown field and green field projects.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively: written, spoken, and interpersonal.
- Understanding of mechanical engineering design principles and design codes ASME, CSA, API, TEMA, ASTM, NACE.