REAL Recruitment is looking for an Intermediate Process Engineer for our mid-size EPC firm. The successful candidate will identify opportunities to optimize plant operations and improve efficiencies through the development of new initiatives to increase production, reduce risk, improve reliability, improved safety and minimize environmental impacts.
- Develop the process design for a project proposal;
- Provide comprehensive design services by establishing design criteria and implementing the preparation of simulation models, equipment specifications, design computations, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams and detailed calculations in accordance with basic project requirements;
- Analyze the designs of vendors providing specific equipment.
- Develop and conduct process and/or equipment optimization/evaluation studies and recommend options to progress.
- Develop process simulation models for more complex systems,
- Demonstrated ability to complete hydraulic calculations and pump/compressor sizing.
- Experience in slurry design is an asset.
- Prepare deliverables such as BFDs, PFD’s, P&IDs, Heat and Material balances, data sheets, calculations and report inputs.
- Conduct safety and hazard assessments for process systems.
- Ability to seal and take professional responsibility, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances for design work conducted.
- Check and file documentation according to company guidelines.
- Execute Feasibility Studies / Conceptual Design / Process Studies.
- Process simulations & modeling of oil processing facilities.
- Developing and stamping of key design documents (Material Balance, PFD’s, P&ID’s, Shutdown Keys).
- Line sizing; PSV sizing; Preparation of equipment process data sheets.
- Participate P&ID/HAZOP reviews; generate control narratives; prepare start-up/operating manual.
- Chemical Engineering Degree and must provide proof of P.Eng in Alberta
- 10 years’ experience within a Process and/or Plant Engineering role in process industries (i.e chemical, pulp & paper, mining, oil & gas) and willingness to learn and eventually specialize within Process Safety Management
- Small EPC experience is preferred.
- Operations experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills combined with a focus on customer service
- A self-starter attitude with an aptitude for problem solving, the ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to inspire and encourage best practices at the plant
- Computer skills, problem analysis and technical translation skills
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) elements an asset