REAL Recruitment is looking for a Project Engineer for small to medium size projects in the oil and gas sector (pipelines, processing facilities and fabrication) in Calgary.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environment has the highest priority in all activities undertaken by Engineering and Design personnel.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external management teams.
- Schedule, plan and co-ordinate multi-discipline engineering assignments within and across disciplines to agreed budget and schedule.
- Preparing, scheduling, coordinating and monitoring the assigned engineering projects. Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications. Interacting daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and representing them in the field.
- Work with discipline leads and project personnel to develop engineering solutions which meet or exceed
- critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- planning and organizing
- communication skills
- influencing and leading
- conflict management
- stress tolerance
Education and Experience:
- Recognized Engineering Degree or Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) diploma, with over 5 to 10 year’s relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with owner/operators.
- Pipeline, Processing Facilities and Fabrication experience are critical.
- Strong understanding of multi-discipline engineering delivery and detailed knowledge of the application of engineering processes in oil and gas.
- Able to actively initiate inter-discipline / department dialogue.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision and provides direction to Discipline Lead Engineers and Designers.