Paralegal – Litigation
REAL Recruitment is working with a downtown law firm and we are looking for a Paralegal in Litigation for their Calgary office.
- Must have Legal Assistant Certificate from accredited Alberta or BC Institution, OR Law Degree with prior administrative experience;
- 5 years’ experience with a law firm in the litigation department
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal manner;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills;
- Ability to carry out tasks to completion with limited supervision and within deadlines;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, PCLaw, Slack and similar programs;
- Ability to handle sensitive matters with professionalism and confidentiality
- Empathy and understanding;
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Correspondence, client relations, document requests
- Assisting in the management of timelines, calendars, and court appearances
- Creation of basic pleadings, and court documents for litigation practice
- Liaison with King’s Bench, Court of Appeal and Court of Justice.
- On time delivery of materials and tasks in a busy personal injury, commercial and employment practice.